Thursday, May 12, 2011

WoW vacation

Sorry about my silence, I haven't had a lot of spare WoW time...or gaming time in general. I guess this has been a success though because now I'm taking my "tanking" into the real world. One of the few things that scares me more than tanking/taking a leadership role is doing anything creative/to do with digital media. I'm pretty confident in analytical exercises, the reporting I do for work - writing macros and doing math - budgeting...all of those boring things. Being creative scares the crap out of me because there is no "right" way to do it. Also, since I went to school full time while I worked full time I have horrible confidence about what I learned there, and I feel like all of the other students I graduated with were years ahead of me.

Now I know all of that isn't true, but it's hard to convince myself otherwise. For someone that's usually more logical than necessary, I have issues with that bit of logic. Fortunately my brother is a programmer with a lot of augmented reality experience. He hasn't given up on me yet, and keeps trying to get me to do work for him. I finally finished a prototype of some models he needed, but it's really complicated because I have strict vertex limits, polygon limits, and any animated files need to be .MD2s that require me to use a plugin to export them...plus I only have the trial version now because we're not sure if we need that plugin and there are all sorts of stipulations on that version. Static models need to be .OBJs so that's not too bad, I just hope they all work for him on his end.

I feel a lot better now that they're done (for now) and hopefully after Friday we'll get the go ahead for the full project. Chester and other digm people, get ready for me to contact you in case of emergency!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment